Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Yesterday

This time yesterday life was good! I had spoken to my tutor about applying for Recognition of Prior Learning for Media and Studio Studies and he had agreed that it was probably a good idea. Which means no more colour exercises which is definitely a good thing for me because I was going slowly out of my mind doing that again. I have done very little homework in that class because I had done that all before and motivation for that was NIL.
I dont have problems doing the theory based work at all and homework for drawing and printmaking is fun with a capital F, only slightly less so for painting. I am NEVER going to be a great painter. but yesterday I was feeling unshackled at last and could actually feel my creative self as a physical being for the first time in a while which was pretty exciting.
Then the axis of the earth shifted after a phone call and now I have a couple of choices. Let it get me down and disappear into the despair again or I use it. Bit numb at the moment and cant really describe what it is and I think I am only writing this to try and put it all into perspective for myself.
Oh god give me a couple of days the the Gothic humour will reassert itself! But today I think it is a good day to curl up on the sofa with some chockies and the fire. :-) well there is some compensation for feeling this way after all.

No comments: