Monday, April 09, 2007

Me and my soapbox

I've been published! Or will be tomorrow Oz time when the site is updated.
I wrote a tribute to a man I consider to be very brave. Major Michael Mori USMC.
Now military types are not usually my heroes I tend to like the Gandhi's, Mandela's and Gusmao's of this world but this man is truly a brave individual. To criticise so completely the system the US put in place for the inmates of Guantanomo while working in that system is definitely the act of a brave man.
Preview here:
http://www.unknownnews.org/MichaelMori.html

MAJ MICHAEL MORI, DEFENCE COUNSEL FOR DAVID HICKS: Oh, he knows he can't
get a fair trial. I've told them, "They won't give him a fair trial."
He's been through it. He's been put in a trial where he was removed from
his own trial. He sat there and saw everyone that had been handpicked to
convict him, not for a justice system but for a political trial, for a
show trial. He sat there while all the Brits and Habib went home. You
can't hide it from him, that he's there for - for face saving. It has
nothing to do with the justice system.

Three cheers for the Major from the Marines!!

And Happy Easter everyone

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Dear Robyn,
That article was just wonderful, congratulations to you for writing this and getting it published..
I feel so proud for you ( like a proud Mom I'm smiling from ear to ear).. Well done my dear...