Sunday, March 09, 2008

Two hour art

Probably the worst reason to create art in the eyes of my tutors past and present is to 'match the furniture' but this was done yesterday afternoon to create a focal point for our living room.

The fine tuning has begun now that the majority of the painting is finished- only two doors left for me to paint etc now it is time to dress the house to make it attractive to buyers.
I took down our extensive art collection which consists of a number of paintings we have collected on our travels and are mostly smaller pieces, having them around the house would make it visually busy and the effect I want for the sale is a place of calm and relaxation.
Our living room is quite large now I have removed the half a tonne of books that were in there but the walls were bare and we had nothing really large enough with a splash of the red colour I was using to give the room oomph so I trotted off to the Reject Shop and bought a canvas and let it sit in the corner for a few days while I ruminated on what I was going to produce. Being a water sign anything related to the sea inspires me and I was mucking around with an idea based on a nautilus shell design which I messed around with it and created a medieval type spiral and then using PVA as my first drawing medium on the canvas created the outline of the design and let it dry in a ridge and then mixed up acrylic paints- nothing special just stuff I had laying around the place from various projects and kept spritzing it with a spray bottle until I was happy with the effect and colours. After that dried- quickly because it was warm yesterday- I rubbed the 'ribs' with Treasure Gold.
Voila- Two hour art.
Now for one for our bedroom- another place that is surprising large once all the junk is removed- although M.O.T.H still maintains it is all treasures- yep I'm a bower bird and he is a friggin' squirrel!!! ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sux but kool

Anonymous said...

pink coooool