Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sketching trip that turned into



a skinny dipping expedition.
Yesterday I was restless and packed up the Rocket and took off to a local creek to do some sketching. A good omen as soon as I arrived was the appearance of a Ulysses butterfly- something I am taking as my personal totem in some ways I suppose- they have featured in my work in the past of course.
Did some pen and ink work but was feeling a bit hot and bothered and went for a paddle in the creek. Realising there was no one for miles around and I would hear anyone approaching I decided to get into the water but I hadnt brought a swimsuit- and anyway my swimmers are all too big now!- so as skyclad as they come I went for a swim in the water which was crystal clear and with little fish in it all over the place. The water was cold and refreshing and thankfully well above the Croc line up here in the highlands YAY
Nice place to unwind!

No comments: