Friday, May 21, 2010

Big couple of weeks


Carnivale starts tonight in Port Douglas and I am sailing on the weekend in the Clipper Cup after experiencing my first race last Sunday!

Helen and Mick have invited me to sail on Ice with them in the past and realised I was keen to learn more.
Mick sailed Ice down to Yorkey's last Saturday with Garry and Ken and Helen and I drove down and sailed back with them to Port on Sunday.
We had a knockdown because the kite got an override and couldnt be eased quick enough to prevent us hitting the water. I got a close up view of Ice's new antifoul paint job as it happened but we survived.
We won the wine glass award and bent the spinnaker pole but it was fun
I got a bit more sun than I would like because I wore a cap so I have to set up my boring old sun hat and needed a good luck charm to I made another butterfly LOL
Ice is the lovely blue yacht above, a pic of my butterfly luck charm and a pic taken during last week's race.
Here's hoping!!

2 comments:

Sophie said...

You're braver that I am... I love the water, and love going out to the islands but on a BIG boat... :)

Love the Ulysees... was going to ask where you got it until you explained that you'd made it!

bitchinatstitchin said...

lol as long as the swell isnt too big I will go out on just about anything, spent most of my childhood messing about on boats but getting my head around sailing has been a trip.
I look on the Ulysses as my good luck charm- when I see one I have a good day so I decided I needed one for the racing but oddly enough we saw lots of butterflies on Sunday during the round island race. Definitely a good day- some pics coming up