Sunday, April 09, 2006

Companion piece


This is the companion piece to the first pic, the mask mould underneath is not included in the finished project, Both pieces are being mounted on a fabric covered board- of all bloody things I had to buy was masonite- my Dad wet himself laughing over THAT. There is tonnes of it in his shed still from his days with working the CSR contract but convenience and ease of living was my motivation. Because masonite is not acid free I did have to seal it with gesso before I put the fabric on and then because none of my framer's tape would adhere to the fabric I had to slip stitch fabric on the back- well I didnt HAVE to but I wanted the presentation to be my usual anal effort. One recurring theme in my various folio assessments is the 'beauty' of my presentation.

With my fingertips bleeding- well almost- I have almost completed my three main pieces for the Exhibition. Have been feeling very out of it this time around, bored with the organisational work and the personality conflicts involved.

No comments: