Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Some sort of normalcy




Well that was an interesting time of it, Mum has had her operation and been discharged after 8 days which is pretty normal. Very confronting having your parent going through something like this. My Dad has been copping the brunt of the outrageous family- for those who dont know me personally my Dad is one of nine and his father was one of twelve so we have quite a sezeable extended family. It got to the stage with him that he actually began to let the answering machine pick up the phone which is something my father would NEVER EVER have allowed before this.
I must admit to being oddly exhausted by the whole process so had a very quiet weekend and starting to pick up on doing the backlog of stuff I need to complete for school- eeeks looks like painting and painting to go on with
the list is frighteningly long but I refuse to get stressed by it- we'll see.
This afternoon in between fighting with the washing machine- which wants to wash my floor for me and various other things I took the camera out into the garden to capture some spring for myself for inspiration.
I have to do a diptych about myself in some form- the brief is wide ranging as to materials and techniques so I am actually looking forward to it and I am painting a chocolate sponge cake for another brief- pity I am using an illustration as my guide rather than making the thing for a model- trouble is I would eat it LOL
Check out my garden

No comments: