Sunday, October 08, 2006

Faith

Faith is something we are all conscious of at present, the faith of those who believe and those who dont believe but my personal faith in people has been somewhat restored. Last week I managed to leave my wallet on the station in Yarraville- realised as soon as I boarded the train and got off at the next station and raced back but it was gone. I did the reporting thing and cancelling cards etc straight away with no problems thankfully then on Friday evening I got an email from a man whose son had found my wallet at another station in the general area.
My cards and personal bits and pieces were intact although the money was gone- not that there was really any money in it anyway but the person who took it was a complete amateur it seems because there was nearly $40-00 worth of met tickets and a Borders gift voucher in there as well- although another voucher for $5-00 was missing- probably because it looked like a cheque.
The young man's father was insistent that his son not be rewarded for doing the right thing but M.O.T.H. and myself decided he had to be acknowledged and thanked appropriately. When I thanked the father of this young guy he said he hadn't done anything but I said of course he had, he raised his son to be honest and responsible and that is a very valuable contribution to society as a whole.
Thank you

1 comment:

bitchinatstitchin said...

so am I - but the silly thing of all was that my credit card was about to expire and just today I got the new card which means they have issued me with TWO cards in less than a couple of weeks