Monday, October 16, 2006

Heirloom flowers



Despite the drought my garden is surviving in parts, we are keeping the heirloom flowers alive. That is the flowers that came from my family- mostly my grandmother who has a fabulous garden still and the M.O.T.H's parents garden- we have their asparagus crowns YUM and the fluffy pink poppy above.
The iris is from my Nanna- I also have a rose bush grown from a cutting from my parents garden which in turn was grown from a cutting from my great grandmother's garden. I dont know longterm about the survival of any of these with water shortages and possible move's north but I intend to enjoy them while I can

1 comment:

bitchinatstitchin said...

lol despite my well known aversion to cold I would LOVE to have single digit cold and RAIN
AND RAIN AND RAIN
things are grim downunder at present with the water holdings of major cities below 50% and some regional centres lower still
here's hoping we get the infamous November dump. Which of course wont please the farmers alas
oh well