Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Discharge



discharged broad cloth

my block design





Getting ready for the run into assessment and I have to produce 4 major pieces of work over the next five weeks.
Ah what is life without a deadline?
I have contracted to do the silk yardage with the design of the croton leaf from my previous experiments for one - that should take me a couple of hours to produce once I set myself up for it
this is actually for the next piece which is about discharge dyeing of fabric and over printing with blocks- a little along the lines of what I have been exploring but that was far more fortuitous in design - ie I took what I got LOL
This time I am playing with masked shapes and pre cutting my block
What I need now it is decide what colour to print my leaf block in to make it really pop.... Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Hey Woman
The dischargee and block disign is gorgeous..