Monday, December 17, 2007

The fun part- getting some colour!

For the past ten years or so my house has been coloured Portland Stone but now that I am selling it I decided to add some colour to it- splashes only because all the new paintwork inside is nice and neutral to appeal to the maximum amount of prospective buyers.
The outside wall colour is called Dancing Moss and is a nice green with cool blue tones in it which balance the Rivergum guttering but the sparkle comes from the white architraves and door trims. My inspiration was the houses I saw on the Chesapeake years ago- I would have liked to go for a stronger colour but again the tastes of the prospective buyers had to be taken into account- AND my rather wild garden.

Despite rather sceptical comments from the chippy about my abilities to choose colours from paint chips- the cheek of him considering I chose the colours for his boat for him from chips LOL



Then there is the front door- which is somewhat pinker than I thought from the chip even after two coats- I think the guy used the wrong base colour when he mixed the pot for me but I kind of like it - even it M.O.T.H is a bit alarmed by it. When you hold the chip against it it is definitely NOT the same lol

but Miss Jazzy seems to like it!!

No comments: