Sunday, September 02, 2007

wildlife and wanderings in paradise

Resident wallaby eyeing off his chances of having a munch in the vegie patch.
They wander around the trees and do have a nibble but stick mostly to the grass thankfully for Ken's trees.

Curlews in the garden
there are actually three of them but the youngster was hidden well back

the 'Aunties' on tick patrol
this flock of three guinea fowl have made their home in the region of my friend's house and apparently they are the bee's knees when it comes to controlling ticks in the area but they must be slipping because Ken had one on his shoulder just before I got up there and Heidi- the neighbour's dog had one on her ear. But I got a lesson in tick searching which will be handy to have when I get my dog and for making sure Miss Jazzy stays tick free- although she seems to have turned into an inside pussy cat lately and up there I would prefer she remain indoors most of the time because of the wildlife.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

These pics are wonderful, Aunties
what a funny name for the birds.
Paridise and good friends what more could a girl ask for:):)