Sunday, November 11, 2007

Woodsmoke


Made from the Discharge dyeing session I had a few weeks back
this is for one part of my four part printmaking contract.
Fairly pleased with it and will use is in the Autumn exhibition in March.
the side panels involve shibori folding techniques and the cental discharged panel has leaf shapes marked and was sprayed and splattered randomly with discharge mix
as this was cotton I did a 1:1 bleach and water mix
the leaves were then overprinted with the block with some Lumiere Holo Green Gold



As you may have gathered I havent been that enthused with the group theme for the next exhibition- a bit twee and far too narrow considering the group as a whole is so diverse but I am getting my head around it and this has led me off in other directions- leaves and nature have always been a part of my work but I dislike being constrained.
This is about some of the things I WILL miss when I move to the tropics next year, I do like the change of seasons and autumn in particular is one of my faves because after our scorching dry summers we get cool nights and warm days and then a little later you get the first hint of true cold and the scent of woodsmoke in the air.

No comments: