Thursday, November 29, 2007

New skills


about 11 o'clock yesterday morning

about 11 o'clock today

and about 4.30pm this afternoon
and we had sundowners on it a bit later woo hoo!!!

Over the past couple of days I have learned about deck building. I was mainly the hold this, pass me this or fetch this gal for my darling builder who has come to rescue us from the south.
Some of you might recognise him as my mate the Sea King. Yes it is the same wonderful man- multi MULTI talented is that lad ;-)
Seriously without the generosity of spirit that Ken has shown us I doubt we would be making this move- even if of late there has been some little reconsideration in light of some other stuff going on. He is a special man to us both, to me in particular he has been an extremely good friend and confidant and there is little in the world I wouldn't do for him. Short of murder maybe? LOL

He was very patient with his novice labourer and he didnt have any trouble with her at all- AS IF lol
Tomorrow daytime is replacing damaged cladding boards and then off to a concert with my mate tomorrow evening- as a special thank you to him I am taking him to a Beethoven Concert with the MSO tomorrow night- Classical music is a love I have discovered under his tutelage. Hmnn I wonder what else he could teach me?
Anyway I learned a lot over the past few days and no doubt learn much much more from my mate- a bloke in a million even if some others dont fully appreciate that.

No comments: