Thursday, October 09, 2008

Bats in the belfry?


Well I certainly know at least one person who has kanga's hopping around in her top paddock but we have micro bats roosting under the eaves of the house. They provide endless entertainment to Miss Jazzy in the evenings when they come out and hunt the insects that are attracted to the lights in the house. She alerted us to their presence yesterday by sitting and staring up under the eaves between two of the beams and there they were- although yesterday I am sure there were only about four there are a few more today.
Jazz has adapted to her role as an inside puss even though she longingly looks outside she seems happy enough to stay inside even when she has made it outside she doesnt stray and it is very easy to pick her up and bring her back inside thank goodness because of all that fluff I wouldnt like her to get a tick. She has alerted us to the amorous activities of the Boyd's Dragons and the big dance off between the males a couple of weeks ago but her favourite is the micro bats or as I am sure she thinks of them - the flying mice

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Hey Robyn
What fabulous place your living in now, well bats aren't to cute:) but at least the eat the bugs.I'm glad to see you got to visit your friends in Melborne, I'm sure they miss you too. I can relate with being in a slump for creating. I have been doing a few things but forcing myself to do them so the results aren't my best LOL..
Love all the pics you've taking..
Hopefully your niece being there does give you some inspiration....