Thursday, October 23, 2008

Personalised Log


As many of you know the M.O.T.H and I hold our mate the Sea King in very high esteem.
His generosity of spirit and integrity has been somewhat undervalued by some people in his life of late but we decided that he would know just how much we both love him.
It was his birthday last Monday and we had his little celebration here with us- along with my Dad- with all his favourite food. A roast and a wicked flourless chocolate cake I know he loves.
AND I made him a personalised log for the love of his life- his yacht!
The image on the front of the log was the most work in design and stitch involved in the book as the pages within are for a very specific purpose and are very 'straight' but the image of Tau Ceti was painted and stitched from some photographs I have taken of the lovely lady in the past. He recognised it as his yacht immediately which was a buzz because I did want it to be recognisable.
It was a lovely celebration and nice to give my mate a present that is at once practical and beautiful. And to know he appreciates the thought behind it too!!!

No comments: