Thursday, June 22, 2006

From my printmaking adventures


The process for this was from my first real effort in lino cutting- from development of imagery to the end product etc. I got this back today and photographed it tonight.
Julie was cool with me experimenting on fabric and I did a couple on white cotton lawn and one on some pole dyed silk. One of the cotton examples went into my journal and I decided to play with the other with some stitch. It was a pretty basic process of stitching mostly straight stitching once the stitch formed some form of resist I dripped silk paint onto the still visible fabric to knock back the 'whiteness' of it. It was met with enthusiam by all and sundry but I cant help feeling it is a bit run of the mill embellishment wise but it was a nice gentle exercise to test the boundaries- which after the discussions on Monday are about to be pushed to the limit.
I have been experimenting with eyelets and other items on canvas and the next assignment in painting is about music - which slots into my longterm aim to do a piece based upon my love of Blues. giggle snicker I already have a working title in my head "blue is a colour you can feel"
Any hoo this is the froggie- Frankie would have approved I am sure

No comments: