Saturday, June 17, 2006

I should be painting


but I am so bored with it all- I have finish tweaking a couple of paintings for class. I am definitely NOT cut out for painting. It is such a slow process and I get very impatient with it. I need the results I get to be apparent or I get discouraged by it. But I am working on the stitched collage piece too so life is not too bad.
These are three canvases which are nothing special I will probably paint over two of them but the centre one has caught my interest. It is the painting from the aforementioned collage class assignment which I just let go and decided to have fun with the colours and go where they led me. I do like the subtleties of colour you can achieve with oils but it is such a painstaking process and due to lack of room I cannot afford to have more than one piece in progress at one time so I have to wait and wait and wait to continue working on it.

Aaargh enough moaning time to get on with it

Catch you in a few days

/R

1 comment:

Vicky aka Stichr said...

personally I love your painting on the left....those are colors I am thinking of turning my kitchen into...well the yellow and green...but you have it all perfect!