Thursday, June 01, 2006

Having a quiet giggle


This is an old bit from a while back- but in Printmaking we are going to be making a Concertina Book and have been told we can use what we like to cover it. The choice for me is to do a piece with bonded and embellished tissue or maybe dear old crepe paper- it has such a nice texture and when you wax it with metallic looks deliciously grainy. The box below was done in crepe paper. Musing about doing it now at home because I can knock it over in about an hour or so because I have the materials already so I can use my time in class to finish my edition printing.



Choices, choices. But we have made another one, I am going to miss week 2 and 3 of next semester in favour of a break in Nth Qld. Winter only officially started today but I am already sick of it so off to book flights today YIPPPEEEE

2 comments:

Tonniece said...

Hi Robyn
Tonniece here, just dropped in from LMT to have a look see.
LOVE... and I do meam LOVE this box.
I have done a few boxes in the past year, each getting better than the last- - but this is beautiful.
Very nice job

Tonniece

bitchinatstitchin said...

Hi Tonniece Hi Suzanne,
I must admit I was pretty proud of that piece- lol even if it didnt sell. That was the culmination of a journey through 3D construction that took some time. I made small boxes for sale during my studies and that kept me in 'pin' money- lol that was about all it did besides offer great practise.