Monday, March 05, 2007

Bandit


is no more. We had to take him to the vet this morning to be put to sleep because it was getting to the stage where he was starting to suffer. Ironic really because it is almost 3 years to the day that his little mate went - the anniversary is actually tomorrow and we remember the date because it fell on a family birthday.

Bandit was a scrawny little kitten living under the house of a neighbour and existing on what critters he could catch until he peered out at me and I commented to the neighbour about his kitten. Being retired they didnt want a cat and weren't feeding him because that would make him stay so I went and got a saucer of food and enticed this wild little thing out. After gorging himself he decided living under our house was a MUCH better idea. So began the campaign to tame this little wild one. Surprisingly easy when he was half starved although he retained some wild habits until the end. He had to live under the domination of Socks for about 5 years before emerging as king kitty of the neighbourhood. He and my puppy became completely besotted with each other and would sleep together often. When we lost the little pup Bandit was sad for a long time and would sleep where we buried him most days for at least a year.
He loved nothing more than prawns- and as one of our family observed now he is able to get as many prawns as he wants at the Big Table.
Vale Bandit. you are going to be deeply missed
Even by the fluffy wench

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Robyn I'm so sorry to hear this.
That is the third pet to pass away this weekend, its a sad weekend for all.. I know they are all in pet heaven wanting for nothing and no more pain...

bitchinatstitchin said...

I must admit I was prepared for it in some ways but hurt like hell to lose him because he was such a sweet natured cat. More doglike in his nature than a cat, very dependent on me when I was away last month he gave M.O.T.H such a bad time LOL