Thursday, March 15, 2007

Paper and paperwork

Spent the past couple of days getting things organised for the house renovations including sorting out our files and paperwork and tossing piles and piles of it HOORAY lol
But I finally got around to charging up some batteries for the cam and took some quick shots of the paper I made last week. I was able to emboss some at school which came out quite well I thought - didnt need to dampen the paper because of the nature of the beastie makes the fibres quite loose so it lends itself to embossing quite well.
The first one was made with dropping the pulp onto the screen and then pouring water over it to compact it made quite a thick paper more like a pizza box LOL but I like it because it definitely has possibilities


The next one was just mixing the pulps on the screen - I pulped up coloured paper and had a glorious time splashing water everywhere



And this one was dripping the pulp freeform on the mesh, like the edges and the holes



And the embossed one

1 comment:

Dianne said...

WOW I love these, I always wanted to make my own paper and these look scrumptious.. Fabulous..
Love the texture and the colors, really great embosssed piece.. Thanks for posting these..