Thursday, March 15, 2007

Chine colle'

is a special technique in printmaking in which the image is transferred to a surface (usually paper but of course I didnt stop with that ;-)) that is bonded to a heavier support in the printing process. And one of the core items on our printmaking course this year. I LOVE it because it has SO many possibilities- these pics are a bit blurry but for test bits not too bad.
I think this is something I might be exploring a lot further


this first bit is a bit of flocked fabric- just a scrap from my stuff box and simple lay over of an abstract block- the block is inspired by my erigeron daisy- something I will have to leave behind when I head north unless anyone knows any species of daisies that can live in the tropics.


and this one is on some of my own dyed tissue paper - the same block and basically the same ink

I like this technique
/R

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Robyn these prints are just beautiful they really are lovely..