Monday, January 01, 2007

Creativity

is not just confined to visual arts LOL.
Over the holiday season my creativity has been in my cooking.

Mmmn mmmmn Indian food and beer too!

This is a light little repast prepared this evening when unexpected visitors arrived- not that it was a problem because there is still oodles of holiday food around but frankly I was hammed out and needed some seafood so last night did a quickie to Little Saigon and picked up some King Prawns to cook.


Ever since I bounced back after the op have not had the inkling or energy to cook much still but had to bite the bullet over Christmas because the folks were coming for Christmas lunch and the Boxing Day extravaganza as well.


Anyway I cooked half the prawns in a Fiji style curry last night with lashings of coconut milk and chilli YUM but tonight the remainder were fried with fresh chilli, ginger and garlic then lemon juice and black pepper and fresh coriander. Finger licking good- MUCH better than the stuff that line was used to advertise!!


With rice and M.O.T.H's volcanically hot chick pea wonder and the fresh sambols, chutney's and roti it was a mini feast


which was also enjoyed by the feline members of the household too- Bandit loves prawns as he proved as a very young cat when he hooked a single prawn off a plate without touching the plate or any other item upon it the naughty pussycat.



waiting for prawns Mum!

I firmly subscribe to the belief that the 'complete' artist is discerning in dining and wining as much as the visual arts LOL. I wholeheartedly agree which is why I am definitely built for comfort and not for speed!!!!
M.O.T.H being vegetarian means we eat fairly well, he is very fussy about the quality of food but not obsessively so. And when I do indulge in a carnivorous feast I am my mother's daughter. If it aint good-it aint worth it. I was appalled recently by an acquaintance who admitted feeding her family almost exclusively on those frozen meals and take away. Brrr no thanks.
Enough raving on food I have come up with an idea for a piece of work and have been sketching parrots for the past few days- such clowns. That is the only hint until I do some test pieces but I promise to give tasters as it goes along

No comments: