Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Just playing today




I had some white cotton and an pack of old Gilseal navy dye and have been having fun with it this afternoon. I remember my Mum using it to dye a bedspread when I was a little gal and I found this pack in my dye box- not sure where it came from but I think it might have come from my mother in law's sewing box which M.O.T.H gave me after she passed away.


The beauty of it from memory was that I was able to dye lots of my doll's clothes for days after Mum has used it so I can use it again unlike a number of other dyes. And turn myself into a 'woad dyed pagan' according to my auntie after I managed to get it all over myself- some things just dont change


The other bit is a space dyed shibori style length I did with an eye to turning it into a summer tunic top but not sure about that now.
Fun fun fun this end!!!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I love shibori they look great, your so funny, they just don't make things like they use to. I had some old small sample of foil that came with a really old burning kit. They worked better then anything they sell now.
I think the summer tunic would look lovey...