Friday, January 26, 2007

Playtime results- and others

These are just a few bits from my playing this week with various bits of dye and stuff around the place. The one on the left is actually a commercial fabric with a gold painted detail -which was truly YUK in colours until I dunked it in the blue pot I have brewing at present. The others are going to end up in a parrot inspired design I am working on as a housewarming gift to a dear friend who I miss so much now he has moved to Mexico. He sent pictures of his house under construction and it looks FABULOUS. We'll get there one day Paolo!
I managed to get my results for last year last night-finally. Two High Distinctions, one Distinction and four Credits so I passed everything. Maybe not as well as I would have liked but with the personally disastrous second semester it is not so bad.
And to top it off I found out I managed to get into all but one of my elective classes and all of my classes this year are afternoon ones- Yippee! lol
Which means I can stumble around in the mornings here before going in and be halfway human before I have to take part in social intercourse. And have lovely conversations with time challenged mate on the other side of the globe without needing to dash

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I would have never thought to dye a piece of patterned material..
nice colors on the other dying can't wait to see the parrot piece..
Sound like your haveing fun, it great to be able to see and hear whats going on with you:):
I'm sorry to hear your friend moved so far, but I'm sure you'll always be close at heart, but I know its just not the same.. I miss Sandy over in England a lot.
Congrats on your course, your so funny, not a morning persom I hear LOL..

bitchinatstitchin said...

I made myself into a morning person for such a long time in my old career.
It didnt really work, I was talking to an old colleague recently and he mentioned my non human-ness until 11am not to mention M.O.T.H's grumblings about my grumpiness first thing LOL!
not the HE is much better