Thursday, January 18, 2007

Restlessness


Its' probably the weather but I cant seem to settle on any one project at the moment. I have been dyeing fabric and bits and pieces, embroidering parrots with my machine and doodling and such but I just cant resolve anything at present.

A bit frustrating but there are other ideas bubbling through and that diverts me even more which is interesting to say the least.

I suppose I have always worked best with a deadline and not having any at present makes it easy to give in to being lazy- and of course there is always the weather to blame. It was scorching on Tuesday when the car died - see previous post- although I am getting her back tomorrow.

The other thing I have been trying to locate is rayon yardage so I can play with my dyes on rayon, silk is wonderful but bloody expensive and not all that practical for some of the ideas I have in mind. Oh well here's hoping I come out of this fog of laziness

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Sticharoo, I had lost your blog yahoo so glad I have it again.. I love the book cover, you know I like that anything chinese.
Yikes I can't work under pressure.
I go to the charity shops and get silk blouse and use them to dye, lots cheaper.. Happy to here your getting your car back.. Stay COOL.

bitchinatstitchin said...

Hi Dianne,
yep I will stay cool now that my lovely old car is back and has her A/C repaired too!
;-)
My mother maintains my need for a deadline has been a characteristic from birth - including the fact I was stubbornly late in arrival LOL
My local St Vinnie's ladies (fave charity store) keep all kinds of treasures for me. One was kain songket style Indonesian wedding jacket -alas not woven in real gold or silver but still beautiful. I have a piece of the real deal I will post a pic of