Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ken's Orchid's




Aren't they simply gorgeous? The pink and yellow one was past its best he kept saying but it was still fabulous. But the other one- the colour is very similar to a pashmina I bought in India in 2005. Certainly the same tonal range - is simply glorious!!
I watched it open from a bud on our first day to the blooms I photographed on my last day.
Aargh what inspiration- I am doing Chine Colle in Printmaking as my first brief this semester and am dying to get into it because I intend to use that orchid as my inspiration. I am doing to dye some silk tissue I have to use instead of just paper and it will glow I am sure- I will probably do some other silk too.
Drooling at the thought LOL

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Yes they are gorgeous, I love orchids, I took so many pics of them at the Botanical gardens..
Well I can hardly wait to see what you create, your work is always fabulous...

bitchinatstitchin said...

that is such a nice thing to say
thank you Dianne
I must admit I was worried about whether I could settle down to work again this year but so far so good