Friday, February 23, 2007

Party time

I am throwing a small party tomorrow and after that past fortnight of getting back into school etc I havent done much work at all- oh well needs must as they say.
I am looking forward to it because I used to have lots of fun entertaining but that has gone by the board over the past couple of years - that hold health issue being the main culprit.
But healthy and more importantly HAPPY again it is time to rejoin the world and have some fun!!!
My Mum is coming too which is a big buzz after her surgery last year she took a bit to recover but has finally finished with dressings and stuff like that. She is being very good about her diet and not eating the bad things any more. She has dropped 7kg since the surgery which is brilliant for her.
So it is food time in our house because even tho' its my birthday party- well that is the excuse even if it is more to celebrate the fact we survived the past few years- I do the cooking because I have always loved to cook but over the past couple of years that interest like many others waned.
I have no idea who is coming - maybe no-one outside a few close friend and family who have responded but I dont really care. I want to cook again because I love it and it give me a chance to cook non vegetarian food. For those who dont know M.O.T.H is a strict vegetarian and has been for over thirty years. This is my chance to load up on some iron LOL
Seriously we live a fairly vegie lifestyle but I am still an omnivore. I love seafood and sometimes I just NEED a steak LOL must be iron I crave I suppose.
Proposed menu is curried Goat, vege curry, rice, salad and chicken for the non spicy eaters. My sister in law is making a cake so that will be dessert.
Although I DO know how to make WICKED desserts LOL
But before all that I am making a birthday cake for my little mate Alex (7yo) whose birthday it is today- mine was yesterday (22nd) and he is coming over tonight to have a barbecue with us and blow out the candle- then hairdressers to get the mop cut,shopping for food and THEN cooking
BLISS

No comments: